Monday, December 8, 2008

El Pan dela Vida 2 (Grow Old with You)



This is an addendum to the Open letter to Bread....

My dearest Bread,

I'm sorry for sometimes under-appreciating you. I'm sorry for being petty at times and sorry too for the hurtful words I have said. But despite all my shortcomings, I thank you for still being there and always understanding me.

Indeed I am truly lucky that God gave me the chance to be with you again...even at a distance. You have been a source of my strength at times when I feel low, an inspiration, a shoulder to cry on. Thank you for the vote of confidence at times when I doubted myself and for seeing the good things in me which others overlook.

I will forever be thankful for all that you've done. We may have met on the wrong time, but everything else is right (others may frown at this but I would like to think of it this way).

I will still look forward to the time that we would sit on our respective rocking chairs or even wheelchairs, holding each other's hands and gossiping about other people. If there is somebody else in this world I would want to grow old with-that is no one else but you. It would be improper or even unfair for me to ask you at this time but would you also want to grow old with me?

There's no need for you to prepare or think about your answer...just say "I do" or "I don't"...and you have the choice...completely and unconditionally.

With all the love I can give,

Your Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment