Monday, December 8, 2008

At the end of the tunnel



"If it takes forever, I will wait for you
For a thousand summers, I will wait for you
'Til you're back beside me, 'til I'm holding you
'Til I hear you sigh here in my arms
Anywhere you run to, anywhere you go
Every day remember, how I love you so
In your heart believe what in my heart I know
That forever more I'll wait for you"


Excerpt from the song, "I will Wait for You"
Performed by Connie Francis


Sometimes it so difficult for us to let go, specially when it comes to persons we love who have become part of our lives. We can't let go of a love even if we are very much aware of its uncertainties - no solid commitment to hold on to. And instead of just letting go, we choose to wait, to hold on to its uncertainties, to continue hoping even if it takes forever, as the song goes.

People who do not empathize will surely dismiss waiting forever as crazy but those who believe it is a manifestation of true love and commitment, will salute these people who are willing to wait. I am deeply awed by these people who have committed themselves to wait for their one true love, because waiting is not easy, more so if the waiting is indefinite.

Why do they wait? What makes them want to wait? How long will they wait? What if the person they are waiting for will be gone before they get there?

It is assumed that people who patiently wait have so much hope in their hearts, and so much love too. Because absence of any of these two will stop them from pursuing.
The path they will trod will be long and winding and there will surely be strong forces that will hamper the journey but they will continue to wait because of hope and love.

There may be a very little spark of light at the end of the tunnel but this is enough to keep them going, simply because the love and hope is too much to propel them to go on, despite the possibility that when they get to the end, no one is there waiting for them.






No comments:

Post a Comment