Sunday, December 7, 2008

El Pan dela Vida

7

(This was the pathway at the market I used to walk 30 years ago just to take a glimpse of bread and have a short chat with his parents and brother)

AN OPEN LETTER TO BREAD

My dearest Bread,

Never did I imagine I would ever meet you again after 28 years but God has His own reasons of making our paths cross anew. His reasons may be unknown to us at the moment, but in no time, we will unveil these reasons, I know.

Everyday during our younger days, I waited for signs, sometimes leaving me with hopeless expectations. I interpreted every move and action you make, I was like a fool watching every moment of you and so desperate for you to notice my existence. You never did. But just a smile from you was more than enough for me, a short conversation made my days brighter. I always look forward to seeing you each day. But while everyone else knew how much you mean to me, you were the only one who did not.

I tried to let go off you, and lived a life of my own, apart from you but you were never really gone – the space in my heart reserved for you was never occupied by anybody else.

Until we came across each other again – then bread and coffee was born. I was so happy because finally, after a long period of time, I was able to reveal to you a most guarded secret I never had the courage to tell you before. It would have been an “exciting” reunion but it was not as most people would foresee. It was just a moment of “unleashing” the feelings, not the beginning of romance.

“Hindi pa pwede”(it is not yet possible at this time), was your only comment. Hurt I may be, I did not let go of the “illusion”. Rather than fight “what is”, I learned to accept and be at peace with fate. I do not want to grip on things that are out of my control like trying to grip the water flowing in a river. If you try to get the water by grabbing it and clenching your fists, it goes right out of your hands. If you relax and open, gently cupping your hands, the water flows into your palms. By relaxing, opening, and trusting, we can hold onto more of what is precious to us.

Today, is the second month since bread and coffee were born, and as I hope for the best, I am leaving their future to fate because I believe that if God plans, He will pave the way.

Happy Birthday BREAD!

With love from your COFFEE

3 comments:

  1. How great is your love, friend! Your Bread is so lucky, there is no one in this world like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only that man, can be in 2 different places at the same time --siguro wala ka ng problem ano?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehehe yung lng

    ReplyDelete