Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank God We're Not SENIORS...YET!

This is a forwarded message and though it may sound funny, it does happen. We all come to age, that is a law of nature we can't prevent or reverse. We may not notice time but definitely, one day we will suddenly become SENIORS!

However, there's no need to worry, you just have to live each day as if it was your last and if you're nearing the "twilight zone" take my friend's advice: simplify life!


Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder:
(Author Unknown)

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the car, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first but then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the bottle of beer I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the beer aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The beer is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the beer, a pot of flowers on the window sill catches my eye-they are drooping and need water.

I put the beer on the coffee table and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on table, and on the way to get a container of water, I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen counter.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen counter, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll get the water for the flowers.

I get the water and spill some on the floor.

I set the remote back on the counter and get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

The car isn't washed
The bills aren't paid
There is a warm bottle of beer sitting on the counter
The flowers don't have enough water
There is still only one check in my check book
I can't find the remote
I can't find my glasses
And I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

When I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.

Don't laugh too hard-- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you starting a blogspot , too? Well good for you. You're still young to know how to do it and old enough to enjoy it. Maybe I should do one myself one of these days before I lose my marbles, ha ha ha.

    Godspeed!

    Not a senior either,
    RedBolts

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the visit Redbolts....hope you'll drop by the site more often.
    i feel fortunate i was not diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D as of yet! what do you think, does any one of our contemporaries already show symptoms? i'm pretty sure we are still far from that stage!

    ReplyDelete