Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I DON'T HAVE THE HEART



There's no need for you to speak more - you have said it all!

Yet, I will be lying if I say everything is fine and the words you said did not hurt me. But there's nothing more I can do than respect your feelings and understand you as much as I could.

I, myself could not say much at this moment though I don't have regrets either. I have done my part, I have gotten across to express what I feel for you, I have given you more than you expect of me at this point.

I don't want to even think about what's going to happen to us tomorrow, all I know is that whatever happens, my love for you will stay in my heart and you will always be there just as you were before we were "reunited" by fate.

While we were talking a few hours ago, while you were divulging your feelings and my "role" in your life, I was reminded by this song. It clearly sums up what you were telling me. I am really fascinated by the songs of James Ingram, except this one - because I don't want then to be in this situation. I could not imagine myself then hearing these words from the person I love.

But alas! I just did - and the pain is just incomparable because the words came from the person I have considered "love".

Perhaps, when James Ingram made this song, he was exactly in the same shoes as you are now....so as we mark the third month of Bread and Coffee's birth (January 8), why don't you sing this song for me? And every time you hear the song, be reminded that these were the words you just told me, and hit me right where it hurts!

I Don't Have The Heart

Your face is beaming
You say is ‘cause you’re dreaming
Of how good it’s going to be
You say you’ve been around
And now you’ve finally found
Everything you wanted and need in me

I don’t have the heart to hurt you
It’s the last thing I want to do
But I don’t have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to

Inside I’m dying
To see you crying
How can I make you understand
I care about you
So much about you, baby
I’m trying to say this as gently as I can

‘Cause I don’t have the heart to hurt you
It’s the last thing I want to do
But I don’t have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to

You’re so trusting and open
Hoping that love will start
But I don’t have the heart, oh, no
I don’t have the heart

I don’t have the heart to hurt you
It’s the last thing I want to do
But I don’t have the heart to love you
Not the way you want me to....

3 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of where I was two years ago when someone I cared about left me on Christmas day to go back to his previous girlfriend. Today on the Mike and Juliet show was a young girl who was engaged and her boyfriend broke up with her. She has been crying a lot and feeling like she will never get over him. I know the feeling and I wasn't engaged. ;-) I wrote an article on eHow - "How to get over a broken heart" http://www.ehow.com/how_4554809_over-broken-heart.html

    I heard James Ingram being interviewed on XM radio the other night. He has a new CD and I can't wait to get it; actually you reminded me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BagLadyAuctions, I do appreciate your comment and I can really say that the experience we, and all others like us, have gone through is indeed painful. But I do not consider myself "broken hearted" as of yet, because I still have high hopes that one day, at the right time and right place, the playing field will be leveled and "I will still win the "battle". Yet I will still get your advice in your article "How do we get over a broken heart". Thanks for the "company".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for Advise on breaking up and found this great site www.saveabreakup.com I gotta admit its great and it worked for me and helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete