Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Promise....

It has been two years since I was assigned in this office, and almost everyday, I use this "girls' restroom". It is clean and a number of beautiful posters adorn the tiled walls. Yet, I do not really read the quotes on the posters, until two days ago, my curiosity was aroused so I read what was written on one. And I was suddenly moved to ponder. I thought, maybe the reason why my marriage and even the subsequent relationships I had failed. Then I told my self, I will imbibe these so that the next time I go into a relationship, I will put them into practice, as religiously as I could.

I would like to share these Gifts to my readers, especially those whose relationships are in the verge of collapse. These may help in bringing back the flame that enlightened their first few years together as husbands and wives.

50 Gifts for Marriage

1. Start each day with a kiss
2. Wear your wedding ring at all times
3. Date once a week
4. Accept differences
5. Be polite
6. Be gentle
7. Give gifts
8. Smile often
9. Touch
10. Talk about dreams
11. Choose a song that can be 'your song'
12. Give back rubs
13. Laugh together
14. Send a card for no reason
15. Do what your spouse wants before being asked
16. Listen
17. Encourage
18. Do it the other's way
19. Compliment your partner twice a day
20. Call just to say 'l love you'
21. Slow down
22. Hold hands
23. Cuddle
24. Ask your spouse's opinion
25. Show respect
26. Welcome each other home
27. Look your best for your mate
28. Wink at each other
29. Celebrate birthdays in a big way
30. Apologize
31. Forgive
32. Set up a romantic getaway
33. Ask, 'what can i do to make you happier?'
34. Know your mate's needs
35. Fix his (her) favorite breakfast
36. Be positive
37. Be kind
38. Be vulnerable
39. Respond quickly to your mate's requests
40. Talk about your love
41. Reminisce about your favorite times together
42. Treat his (her) relatives with courtesy
43. Send flowers every Valentines Day and anniversary
44. Admit when you're wrong
45. Be sensitive to your mate's sexual desires
46. Pray for him (her) daily
47. Watch sunsets together
48. Say "I love you" frequently
49. End each day with a hug
50. Seek outside help when you need it

No comments:

Post a Comment