Monday, March 7, 2011

IF MAN WAS A DOG

I was cleaning my clatter last night and came across some of the articles and poems I wrote twenty years back which no one ever read. But this time, I would like to share one of them to my readers...maybe they can get a lesson or two from this. The year 1995 was one of the lowest years of my life...there was so much pain and resentment in my heart...this poem was written during that time. IF MAN WAS A DOG if man was like a dog then hate would be a word unknown then greed and pride will never surmise. if man was like a dog then life would be so simple peace will abound and serenity will rule. if only man would love like a dog a love that's full of trust and good intentions then there'll be no more hearts broken and relationships ruined. for a dog loves with his heart and feels with his "soul" while man loves with conditions and fades easily like smoke. man's love is full of intricacies and complications he sets restrictions and limitations and makes so mch expectations. dogs love without boundaries and lets it flow freely like a storm without hesitation it makes no bounds, no conditions. but if man was a dog then love's sacredness would be lost love would be bereft of meaning and goal attractions will remain physical not with a soul. so i'd rather love like a man than a dog i'd rather feel the pain never mind the trials and complications for i know that with love in my heart i'll face them all with convictions.

1 comment:

  1. Man and dog are like apples and oranges. They are are a different species. The only common thing is that they can be both a human's best friend -- does your view about second to last paragraph stay the same after 21 years? I mean that loving a cutesie pie puppy could be bereft of meaning?

    ReplyDelete