Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Joy of Being a Mother


Happy Birthday...MIKKA!

Twenty five years ago on this same day, a few minutes past dusk...i was rushed to the delivery room of the hospital...several hours later...a baby girl saw the light of the world! My heart was filled with joy but the elation was suddenly changed to sorrow...I noticed that my attending doctor and the nurses around were a bit worried...As I was so weak then, I could not move and ask them why. Suddenly, I became drowsy until I could no longer hear their voices.

In my hospital bed, as I opened my eyes, the first thing I asked my mother was "how is my baby?" When she replied " There's no cause for worry, everything is okay", I felt so much relief and gratefulness. Then I learned that my little girl had difficulty breathing and the doctor suspected she must have some heart problems. Fortunately, the tests showed negative results, and she was stable.
Well...that was twenty five years ago...Today...this little girl is now a young lady...a daughter any parent will really be proud of. On this special day, I would like to offer this post for her...although she is miles away from me... I know she will be happy and safe as the Lord is with her.

1 comment: