Monday, February 23, 2009

A fiddler on the roof...

I was awaken by a message from my mobile phone at 4:57 this morning...."Happy Birthday!" it was a greeting from my dear Bread who is now millions miles away from me.

It was a very simple, even ordinary message but what makes it different is that there is so much love in it. This started this very special day with fulfillment and happiness. I know that we are physically apart but there is a certain closeness that brings us together. We have not seen each other for three decades now but our frequent conversations have crossed the boundaries. He has literally filled the emptiness in me - made me smile when I am lonely, shared my joys, listened to my heartaches and awakened my imagination. So today, on my special day, I wish to thank the Lord for giving him back to me, at the lowest phase of my life.


This is indeed a day of thanksgiving for despite the many trials in my life, tribulations abound. I am thankful that my Creator.....
*has showered me with wonderful kids who made me feel I am the best mother in the world...
*never gave me friends with price tags because if He did, I would not have any friends today as I would not be able to afford the price...
*always gave me trials which made me even stronger and molded my character...
*brought enemies along the way to make me realize the value of loving not only the people who love me but those who refuse to love me as well...
*gave me wisdom and talent to bring a difference in other people's lives...

Without all these blessings...my life would be like that of a fiddler on the roof!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment